Frazer offers a number of organized recreational activities for all ages, as well as a fully equipped activity center for personal fitness and fun. For more information about any of the activity ministries, or to inquire about utilizing the JEMAC (John Ed Mathison Activity Center) for your church or community event, contact Activity Ministry at 334-495-6459.
Why does a church have an activities ministry?
- To create a fun environment for building relationships with both church members and our community
- To promote physical as well as spiritual health and well-being
- To provide a training ground for children to develop character and discipline through athletics
Activity Ministry Programs
- Offered in the Spring for boys and girls ages 4-12
- Christ centered with equal playing time
- Emphasis on sportsmanship and skill development
- Family-schedule friendly with just one hour practice per week
- Register in July for the Fall season and in February for the Spring
- Program offered January–February for children in preschool through 12th grade
- Spiritual development through devotionals and coaching as well as athletic skills
- Register in October for Upward basketball
Student Summer Leagues
3 on 3 Boys basketball and girls volleyball leagues are offered for rising 6th-12th graders during the summer.
Activity Center Free Play
Children may take advantage of the gym and game room during open hours outside of organized activities. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult guardian. See current schedule for hours and availability.
Good Morning Program
- Offered Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon in June and July at a low daily cost
- Games, daily devotion, snack time, sports camps, story time, movie days and more
- Early drop off is available at 7:30am
Weight and cardiovascular workout rooms are available to any church member 16 years old and up after completing a training class. A 1/13th mile walking/running track is above the gym. See current schedule for hours.Aerobics Classes
- Temple Builders aerobics for senior adults includes low impact cardio, light weight training and stretching designed specifically for older adults who want to maintain strength and flexibility.
Nursery Availability Children ages 6 weeks–kindergarten can be cared for in our loving nursery Tuesday–Thursday, 8:30–11:30 a.m. and Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30-8:00pm.
- See our current Connections magazine for women’s small groups combining Bible study with pilates or aerobics
- Softball: Frazer fields softball teams in the Fall and Spring church leagues for men, women and coed teams.
- Basketball: men’s basketball leagues are offered during the summer and winter.
- Basketball for members and their guests is available from 6-8pm on Tuesday
- Volleyball for members and their guests is available from 6-8pm on Monday and Thursday
- An opportunity for those who love hunting, fishing and the outdoors to have fun together while serving others and building relationships.
- Annual events include a wild game dinner, clay shoot, fishing mission, and hunter safety courses