Family Empowerment Action Team
In the arena of political and family values, unfortunately Christians have been known more for what we stand against than what we stand for.
The Family Empowerment Action Team (FEAT) is about changing that.
For example, we mourn over the 50 million unborn lives snuffed out by the ongoing tragedy of abortion. But we celebrate the thousands of faith-based crisis pregnancy centers, adoption and foster care agencies, and other ministries that share the love of God with women every day, educating them about the beautiful choice of life, while also offering God’s hope and healing to those living with the trauma of abortion.
We hurt for the children growing up without the benefit of a father and mother in a committed covenant marriage due to illegitimacy, divorce, abuse, and homosexuality. But we celebrate the ministries of hope that are teaching abstinence, strengthening and reconciling marriages, healing the abused, and giving a path to freedom to those who want out of unhealthy sexual lifestyles.
Jesus says, “The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come that they may have life, and life more abundant.” (John 10:10) FEAT is about standing up against the thief—and even more about showing the world the way to real life in Christ.
- Marriage is more than a contract between two people who share an emotion, it is a covenant designed by God as the foundation of a godly household for life. FEAT seeks to restore the health of this sacred institution by supporting policies that promote responsible fatherhood, reduce divorce, educate couples on how to strengthen their relationship, resist efforts to redefine marriage, bring freedom and healing to those deceived by the homosexual lifestyle, and reduce family-destroying addictions such as pornography, gambling, and substance abuse.
- Life is not a biological accident, it is a precious gift from God. Children, therefore, are not a burden but a blessing. FEAT seeks to restore a culture that chooses life by supporting policies that promote valuing children, teach abstinence as the only truly effective birth control outside of marriage, ensure women are fully informed of available reproductive services and their consequences, discourage industries that profit from abortion, provide support to women in crisis pregnancies, encourage the option of adoption and foster care, and offer healing to women who have experienced abortion.
FEAT action arenas:
- Individual: Educating believers in biblical principles to strengthen their own marriages and families.
- Church: Advocating for the preservation of biblical teaching and standards in the church, especially the United Methodist denomination.
- Society: Equipping Christians to be informed citizens fulfilling their responsibility to pray for those in authority over them and advocate for justice and truth.
- Prayer: Petitioning the throne of God to restore our nation as we humble ourselves, repent of our sins and seek his face.
- WE CAN TURN THE TIDE TOGETHER.